Thursday, May 19, 2011

AM I A REAL BIKER?

I have often wondered, when I would consider myself a real biker. I once thought if I rode to Sturgis and back all the way, I would feel like a real biker. I did that this summer but didn't quite feel the vibe.

Maybe it was the distance I rode in one day. I did 720 miles in one day but still didn't feel anything. On our ride Sunday, after the Chapter Meeting, on our way home from San Diego, I looked down and saw my gloves. They were faded and looked well worn. They fit like a second skin and had seen 20,000 miles of sun, rain and cold. They are the first thing I pick up when I get my things together for a ride. I don't have lovely hands and they don't do surgery or life saving things, but if I couldn't use them I would be lost. Looking at those gloves I suddenly felt like a real biker. Sometimes it is the little things that help us realize a goal or a dream. I am not quitting riding, just because I had a AHH AHH moment, but realized I feel very comfortable saying and thinking that I love to ride a Harley.

So much for mushy stuff. This month we will hear from the people nominated for office on our board to help lead our Chapter. I would hope that you cast a vote for choice and support and confidence for those nominated. I have seen firsthand these last few years just what it takes to keep the peace and plan and be responsible for a group our size, with such a wide range of personalities and diverse talents and professional occupations. I don't know of any other organization that I belong to that has the makeup of this group. I look forward to each ride and activity with you all. If you can't be at the November Meeting, Call Kat and get an absentee form and vote and mail it back to her before the November Chapter Meeting. Your vote counts. I was so impressed on Sunday for the courage that it took for a relatively new member, compared to my time in the club, to volunteer for the office of Secretary. To offer her skills and talents and to give back to an organization that see belongs to.

I have included the upcoming rides and events in this article. I gave out my "Pink" Calendar at the Chapter Meeting. Don't forget the Breakfast in October Meeting. The board will be cooking and we will start serving pancakes, bacon and eggs at 8:00 to 8:50. Meeting will start at 9:00 sharp.

The Big Chapter Picture will follow the meeting so don't leave.

$10.00 is the cost of the Indoor Poker Run and will go on while breakfast is being served and you will have a choice of 3 stations to pick your 5 cards. Winning hand gets half the pot and the worst hand gets their $10.00 back. Until next month ...

Live, Love, Laugh and Learn.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment